Vibrations and sound play a key role for wind turbines. Sound level, tonality, vibration absorbers, vibration velocity, IEC 61400-11 and troubleshooting are here keywords.
We at conplatec GmbH provide you with a wide range of sound and vibration services for wind turbines, which go far beyond the services usually provided by measuring institutes.
We can conduct sound measurements according to IEC 61400-11 (Edition 3).
But actually, we are able to do so much more when troubleshooting for you. For instance:
- Conduct combined sound and vibration measurements in the nacelle and hub of the wind turbine an on the ground simultaneously; always using calibrated measuring instruments;
- Carry out modal analysis and natural frequency measurements (hammer blow measurements) for the large components;
- Perform multi-channel measurements up to 100 channels by using vibration sensors; also long-term;
- Check upon and record more vibration parameters, such as torque value and shaft elongation (‘strain gauges’);)
- Trimming and tuning of vibration absorbers.
Signal processing and data analysis
In the area of signal processing and data analysis, we have specialized in:
- Determination of modal parameters (natural frequency, mobility, damping, etc.)
- Dynamic order tracking of certain characteristic frequencies, even if the rotation speed of the system should fluctuate. Dynamic order tracking of specific, ‘non-integer value’ transmission frequencies is possible as well;
- Tonal calculation according to IEC, sound level, or sound power characteristics.
Reports and Consulting
Finally, we deliver to you informative, comprehensible reports and make recommendations on counter-measures.
Figure 1: Sound measurement according to IEC
Abbildung 2: Impact hammer tunig of absorbers
Figure 2: Sensors at torque arm
Figure 4: Interaktive ordertrack graphs in Excel
Get your individual consultation!